[ntp:questions] Remaining synced on an unsynchronised peer?

Mon Nov 30 23:00:51 UTC 2009

Michael Butow wrote:
> I know that NTPD is aware of losing contact, the points
>  you are making are correct, but they do not help me
>  further with the issue at hand.
>
> My actual question was: why does one of my hosts remain
>  synchronised (seemingly forever) on its peer which is
>  not synchronised (status sync_unspec)?

Seems like something the Orphan options are supposed to
 deal with.

Seems like a discard due to sync loop?

 "The peer is discarded as unreachable,
   synchronized to this server (synch loop)
   or outrageous synchronization distance."

  will be added to the BlackLists.