[ntp:questions] Strange NTP problem on AMD Geode LX cards.

John Hasler jhasler at newsguy.com
Sat Oct 3 18:38:39 UTC 2009

Unruh writes:
> it has nothing to do with making the clock better-- it makes it
> worse. It is just trying to use a loophole in the radiation emission
> regulations.

It isn't a loophole.  While it doesn't reduce the total power radiated
it does reduce the interference with radio services which is the goal of
the regulations.  I also don't see that it would make the clock worse.
The "random" frequency modulation comes from a cycling PRNG and will
average out to zero over a fairly short period.
--
John Hasler
jhasler at newsguy.com
Dancing Horse Hill