[ntp:questions] Strange NTP problem on AMD Geode LX cards.

Wed Oct 14 19:14:11 UTC 2009

Unruh wrote:
> BlackLists writes:
>> For anyone that cared enough about emissions,
>>  (and not about price) they could always get a
>>  EMSEC / TEMPEST, Level A / 1, PC.
>
>> {I've worked on a few TEMPEST PCs (decades in the past),
>>   it often takes 15 minutes of removing shielding panels
>>   just to get to where you can remove the shielded container
>>    a component (e.g. hard drive) is inside.
>

> In one case to make it so that it does not destroy other
>  people's enjoyment of their system, and the other to make
>  sure a determined adversary cannot make use of yours.
> Different boxes for different folks.

Both are aimed at stopping unintentional emissions.

Sure a TEMPEST PC would far exceed CE EMC / FCC Part 15 B, ...

 However weren't a few posts just complaining that those
  standards were not strict enough.

  TEMPEST is just stricter unintentional emission standards.

  will be added to the BlackLists.