[ntp:questions] GPS 18x LVC and USB hardware interface details....

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Sat Oct 24 17:40:41 UTC 2009

Folks,

Although it's relatively simple, I've added details about how I use a
Garmin GPX 18x LVC puck directly with the serial port on a PC, and take
the power from a spare USB port.  I built a pulse-per-second (PPS)
indicator into the serial port connector so that operation can be
confirmed at a glance.  Please see:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/FreeBSD-GPS-PPS.htm#usb

Although it's on my FreeBSD page, I'm actually using this successfully
with Windows PCs, running under Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows-7.
Performance:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/daily_ntp.html

Hope it helps someone - perhaps a winter project?

Cheers,
David