[ntp:questions] lists.ntp.org uses an invalid security certificate....

E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists Null at BlackList.Griffin-Technologies.invalid
Sun Sep 6 23:13:20 UTC 2009

David J Taylor wrote:
 > lists.ntp.org:443 uses an invalid security certificate.
 > "The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate
 >  is unknown."  Perhaps my Firefox needs something?

After clicking on the automatic install link
<http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3b>   ".crt"
(When you are prompted with the Dialog, Check the "Trust this CA to
identify web sites" box, and click "OK")

e.g. Mozilla FireFox 3.x
Download Certificate

     You have been asked to trust a new Certificate Authority (CA)

     Do you want to trust "Certificate Manager" for the following purposes?
     ☑ Trust this CA to identify web sites.
     ☐ Trust this CA to identify email users.
     ☐ Trust this CA to identify software developers.

     Before trusting this CA for any purpose, you should examine its
certificate and its policy and procedures (if available).
     [View] Examine CA certificate
     [OK] [Cancel]

Microsoft apparently like to make things a bit more complicated
e.g. Internet Explorer 7.x

    1.
          1. Click on the automatic install link
<http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3b>   ".crt"
                1. "File Download: Dialog
                      1. Click "Save"
                      2. Select where you want to save the file
            (remember where you saved it, you will need to know later)
                      3. Click "Save"

    2.
          1. Click on Internet Explorer's "Tools" menu
                1. Select "Internet Options"

    3. "Internet Options" Dialog
          1. Click on the "Content" tab

          2. "Content" tab
                1. Under "Certificates" Click on "Publishers"

          3. "Trusted Publishers" tab
                1. Click "Import"

                2. "Welcome to the Certificate Import Wizard" Dialog
                      1. Click "Next"

                3. "File to Import" Dialog
                      1. Click "Browse"
                            1. "Open" Dialog
                                  1. Select the ".crt" file
                          (that you previously saved to your computer)
                                  2. Click "Open"
                      2. Click "Next"

                4. "Certificate Store" Dialog
                      1. Select ◎ Automatically select the certificate
                                store based on the type of certificate
                      2. Click "Next"

                5. "Completing the Certificate Import Wizard" Dialog
                      1. Click "Finish"

                6. "Security Warning" Dialog
                      1. Click "Yes"

                7. "The import was successful" Dialog
                      1. Click "OK"

                8. Click "Close"

          4. Click "OK"

--
E-Mail Sent to this address <BlackList at Griffin-Technologies.net>
  will be added to the BlackLists.