[ntp:questions] General ntp architecture question

konsu konrad.azzopardi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 08:35:04 UTC 2010

Hello list,

I work for an investment bank with 300 UNIX servers, around 3000
workstation PCs and would like to ask some questions to more
experience users.

a) Are there any banks relying on ntp pool project or should we
consider having our own GPS clock ?
b) What are the criteria to consider in deciding when ntp pool project
is enough for our needs ?
c) Should we decide to use ntp, for an organization of our size would
2 servers syncing to ntp pool project in DMZ and 2 servers inside to
which all UNIX servers + Domain Controller will sync (PCs would sync
to the Domain controller) suffice ?

I thank you in anticipation
Konrad