[ntp:questions] fudge time1 for gps-18x-LVC?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.delete-this-bit.and-this-part.co.uk.invalid
Sun Feb 7 18:25:34 UTC 2010

> On Feb 7, 17:21 UTC, "David J Taylor" wrote:
>> OK, Dave, understood, I think.  It is a requirement of using the
>> serialpps.sys (for its kernel-mode timestamps) that that you also use
>> the
>> ATOM driver if you want the kernel-mode timestamps to be used.  Right?
>
> Not quite.  The kernel-mode timestamps are available only via PPSAPI,
> but you can opt to use PPSAPI without ATOM (such as with NMEA fudge
> flag1 1).
[]
> Cheers,
> Dave Hart

Thanks for that, Dave.  Your comments on the serial driver have been most
helpful, but one thing which concerns me is that we need to bother an
expert like yourself.  Is that because we are looking in the wrong places
in the documentation and missing these details, or is it because you would
need to study the source to be aware of what happens and how the user can
altering things (e.g. that fudge flag1 1).  I can't recall seeing that
anywhere, although I suppose it must be a new flag.

Cheers,
David