[ntp:questions] Does NTPClient need to be enabled for clients

Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT] aceman at mvps.RemoveThisPart.org
Fri Feb 12 04:59:26 UTC 2010

"Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva_pt at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uK1GnI2qKHA.3536 at TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

Jorge,

Many companies use these Linksys retail box DSL/Cable "routers" as their
edge devices. I understand what you are saying about not using an external
time source as a security standpoint, but that introduces suggestions, as
Meinolf indicated, to purchase additional resources to have an internal
private stratum, which I *assume* you want to sync with an external source.
Either way, the external sources are reliable, and whether synching the PDC
Emulator, or a private stratum.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE &
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, please
contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check http://support.microsoft.com
for regional support phone numbers.