[ntp:questions] GPS_NEMA, but high offset and jitter?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Feb 27 07:55:58 UTC 2010

"David Lord" <snews at lordynet.org> wrote in message
news:7ur6r2Fac0U1 at mid.individual.net...
[]
> Thing is there appears to be a problem with the PPS so
> I was suggesting a more sensitive circuit should a scope
> or moving coil meter not be available.
>

> David

Isn't there software for the OS which emulates a breakout box and would
give a simple indication of the DCD line or parallel port bit used?
Obviously you may not be able to use such software at the same time as
NTP, but it might be enough as a a test tool.

For Windows, I could find:

  http://www.windmill.co.uk/serial.html
  http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/breakout.htm
  http://www.sinnovations.com/htdocs/siscope_rs232_analyzer.htm

although I've not used any of these, and some require two serial ports.

Cheers,
David