[ntp:questions] SNTP with 1ms of precision?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jun 17 18:20:32 UTC 2010

> David,
>
> CONGRATULATIONS!!! Very good tests and presentations!! Very very good!!!
> You
> gave me real results and all your reports are consistent and show that
> it's
> impossible to have usec and nsec precision using NTP though Ethernet.
> You
> have SO stack latency and it's a Layer 7 protocol!!!
>
> One more time... congratulations!!! It's helped a lot!!! I hope you page
> be
> on line forever =)   I have to see all things that you wrote over there
> yet
> but... I think is everything that I was looking for.
>
> Thank you very much

I'm glad you liked the page - it was millisecond precision (or the lack of
it) that I was hoping to demonstrate - as you asked in the title of your
topic "SNTP with 1ms of precision?"  I read ms as millisecond.
Microsecond I think you will be struggling.

BTW: there is a simplified configuration diagram of my network here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/daily_ntp.html#Configuration

Cheers,
David