[ntp:questions] Network latency questions

Frans Grotepass fmgrotepass at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 27 08:35:46 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Sorry for abusing my membership to this forum for this question.

We are busy with building an embedded application that must retrieve data very
fast. The choice is to either have the data locally or go to a central
server(pool) that contains the data.

In evaluating the network option, I thought that the people here could
possibly help me with the expected network latency for a Gb network via a
switch. My gut feeling says that with increased load, the switch will bundle
the traffic to the different nodes more and this will result in higher latency.

Best regards,

Frans Grotepass