[ntp:questions] [Pool] 4000 packets a second?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Sep 1 03:43:56 UTC 2010

Dave,

The code I wrote in ntp_monitor.c has apparently been rewritten. The MRU
resolution is in seconds. The original interpretation of  minimum was
that any headway less than this would be dropped. Setting that to zero
would mean nothing would be dropped. Apparently, the current code is
contrary to the original intent and documentation.

I didn't check to see if the probabilistic choice to preempt old entries
if the list is full remains. My earlier experience is that this is
important for the busiest servers.

Dave