[ntp:questions] Fwd: Re: NetBSD GPS/PPS using 4.2.6p3

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Wed Aug 24 20:30:40 UTC 2011

A C wrote:
> On 8/24/2011 06:28, John Hasler wrote:
>> David writes:
>>> The DCD line is positive active, so it needs to go high for 100-200
>>> ms, and then return low.  Yes, it's the opposite of the other RS-232
>>> signals....
>>
>> All the RS232 control lines are active positive.  The data lines are
>> active negative.
>
> Totally slipped my mind which is why it didn't work.  I still want to
> get the GPS part working so that there's an actual date and time value
> presented if there's no network connection to the outside.

from my peer_summary file:

id               mean     rms     max
127.127.20.2  -65.605  16.583  83.926
127.127.22.2    0.000   0.005   0.039

so getting any sense out of the nmea data for my 'Sure'
GPS only gives an approximate time. For my Garmin which
I didn't update, the performance was better than above
but at least one of the updates would have rendered it
useless for timestamps.

David