[ntp:questions] New ntp Server

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:55:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Mark C. Stephens <marks at non-stop.com.au> wrote:

> I wouldn't have a clue with regards to BSD I am afraid.
>
> So I downloaded the latest slackware and installed it.

OK, here is a "clue".  BSD is enough like Slackware that you will do
just fine.    When  Slackware came out (I remember when it was new and
came on a stack of floppy discs)  no one knew a lot about Linux and
BSD as the model.   My experience at that time was with SunOS (before
Solaris) and SunOS was basically BSD.  Slackware required almost zero
learning, just install and go and al my SunOS exprerience was usable

BTW I'm typing this on  a Fedora system at the office.  Not happy with
it any more.  I think I'm going back to BSD based Mac OS X.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California