[ntp:questions] NTPD not synching on Ub 11.10

sirgad sirgadpc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:10:16 UTC 2011

On the whole it appears that the fault lies in my reliance on an out-
dated and therefore misleading walkthrough.  I am indeed synching
correctly.  I have posted a corrective reply to the walkthrough thread
I followed, but it's on the second page so not all may see it.

>> The IRC channel is dead so no help there.
> People may be asleep or away from their computers ...

Then they should mark themselves away or disconnect.  No point giving
people, such as myself, false hope that they might get a response.
I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out in the history of IRC…
In the end, a nice chap under the nick Mike_T helped me out, and all
is well.

I'm unsubscribing from this list now and won't be checking for further

S.