[ntp:questions] ntpstat source code master location?

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Fri Feb 4 07:48:51 UTC 2011

unruh wrote:
> On 2011-02-03, Schmidt, Bryan <Bryan.Schmidt at travelport.com> wrote:
>> Thank you gentlemen.  Patches and the new link on ntp.org are exactly
>> what I needed.
>>
>> -Bryan
>
> Could you please remover the following stuff from your postings on the

Referring to bogus confidentiality notices.

Unfortunately, many professional bodies tell their members that it is
legally unsafe to do otherwise than include these notices.  If I posted
from my office, I would have one.  There is no point in asking IT to
suppress it, as the directive comes from the MD, an accountant, who is
acting on the advice of a professional accountancy organisation.  I try
to post from home, and if not, I disclaim the confidentiality part of
the disclaimer.

In practice recipients ignore them, rather than reporting the breach,
however I would certainly argue that their inappropriate use devalues
their proper use, as they are only useful where the recipient has some
reasonable doubt about the confidentiality, and their use in public
forums means they are used when the material isn't confidential, so
someone in a borderline case will reasonably assume that that was one of
those inappropriate use cases.