[ntp:questions] still not able to get NTP to sync on windows 7 even w/ more updated binaries

Thu Feb 24 23:13:04 UTC 2011

On 2/24/2011 1:03 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM, David J Taylor
> <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Are you sure that, on your system, there are no other programs trying to set
>> the time?
>
> That is what I thought, that something was "jumping" the system clock.
>  The fact that the offset value is always anice even value I think
> proves the clock is not drifting or noisy by being set.

Can't noselect be used?
 If the offsets still jump around (as opposed to just drifting away),
  you will have a better idea if something else is messing with the time.

   Several (4?) noselect servers might be necessary to
    verify that it is the client, not the inhouse server,
    that is jumping around.

  will be added to the BlackLists.