[ntp:questions] why does ntpq return zero even on failures?

Stormy stormy1777 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 03:27:08 UTC 2011

Harlan,

which is why I sent it to bugs list first, however it was rejected without any explanation with:

"Your request to the bugs mailing list

    Posting of your message titled "ntpq return code upon failures"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"The best venue for your question is the comp.protocols.time.ntp
Usenet newsgroup.

If you don't have NNTP access please use Google Groups or the
questions at lists.ntp.org mailing list (which is gatewayed to the NTP
newsgroup)."