[ntp:questions] Flash 400 on all peers; can't get ntpd to be happy

Ralph ralph at depth.net
Sun Mar 6 20:18:17 UTC 2011

It is a VM, which I'm sure is why the clock isn't playing nice but I haven't found the right solution to fix it... The clock was running fast until I added the divider=10 option and now it runs slow - but I rather have ntp have to move the clock forward than have it moving backwards.  When it was running fast and ntpd had to move the clock backwards it was killing amavisd all the time.

Are there other tweaks I can do to try to get the clock running properly on a VM?