[ntp:questions] Flash 400 on all peers; can't get ntpd to be happy

Ralph ralph at depth.net
Mon Mar 7 08:16:26 UTC 2011

> Can it even be fixed?

Well I hope so.  Not to bash on the linux world, but I don't get why this timing thing is so hard...  I mean I understand it from a techinical perspective because I've read all about how the hardware and timers and stuff work, but practically speaking, somebody needs to get with the program and find a solution.  I've done many, many windows installs in Virtual PC, VMWare, Hyper-V, and others and even without the VM tools installed in the guest I've never had a clock problem that was big enough to worry about.

Sorry about the rant here but when all you want is for the machine to do something basic like keep time and you can't get it to work, it gets really frustrating.

And we can't blame it on the host machine because the time on the host machine marches along accurately all day long.