[ntp:questions] Flash 400 on all peers; can't get ntpd to be happy

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 01:47:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM, John Hasler <jhasler at newsguy.com> wrote:
> RPM writes:

> What's baffling, though, is why you need to add an entire virtual
> machine and operating system just to run another process.

The problem is Windows does not multitask well.  I've been told you
can't expect to run multiple service on the same machine and expect it
to remain stable for long.  So they use one computer per process. I
remember the first time I got shown around a Windows based sever room.
 I was astounded at the number of servers they needed and most were
running at very light loads.
--
=====
Chris Albertson