[ntp:questions] Sure Electronics GPS board: Amazing performance. :-)

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:53:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:19 AM, unruh <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

> For general useage, the garmin 18 is still probably the easiest bet.
> While it does require soldering on power (eg usb) and a serial port,
> that soldering is relatively easy to do, and the documentation on the
> gps18 is far  superior. It is about twice the price.

I'd have to say the Motorola Oncore UT+ is the easiest to use.  All
the connections are to  0.1" pitch male header pins so there is no
need for solder.  The UT+ sells for about $16 on ebay.  The
documentation is exhaustive and complete and written in "standard
English".   And of course the UT is very accurate with a standard
deviation in the PPS of about 49 nS.

The newest version of this GPS is the M12M sold by Synergy Systems.
It sells in qty 1 for $60 and comes with tech support from a US
company and has PPS arcuate at the 2nS level.   I'll buy this one next
 I don't think the dps18 comes even close to 2ns.

Here is the data sheet.
http://www.synergy-gps.com/images/stories/pdf/m12mt_brochure.pdf

--
=====