[ntp:questions] Good ntp.conf for a public server?

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:46:39 UTC 2011

Hello:

I'm setting up an NTP server with a GPS-PPS hardware clock, and I am
wondering what settings are "recommended".

My time server is currently accessible at:

time.eecs.wsu.edu

Its a P4-2.4Ghz using the shm driver pulling a PPS feed from a SEL
2407 GPS clock.

I'm mostly concerned about correct permissions and any multicast or
other options I should turn on (or off) for public use.

I'm also curious about what the expected load and its effect on
accuracy for a public pool server.

Thanks!
--Jim