[ntp:questions] ntpd stays synced after loosing gps

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Wed May 11 05:17:14 UTC 2011

2011/5/11 Николай Орехов <nowhere at mail.ru>:
> Thanks, I'll try it! But is the recent tarball stable enough?
> I'm using latest 4.2.6 with some minor changes to support my LassenIQ TSIP
> and I need it to be very stable.

I prefer ntp-dev in general over ntp-stable, but my perspective may be warped.

> Could you provide me link to this bug and fixes so I can make a patch?

No, I'm afraid I can't.  I recall the problem you describe, and I
haven't seen it in ntp-dev for a while, so I'm pretty sure it was
fixed after 4.2.6 based on your experience, but I'd like to confirm
that, as we are likely to start the push to polish 4.2.7 into a
(-stable) 4.2.8 soon.  I do not know of an existing bug report for the
behavior, though I haven't searched for one either.  Similarly while I
believe it to be fixed in more recent versions, I can't at this point
suggest when it was fixed or which change fixed it.

Thanks,
Dave Hart