[ntp:questions] "ntpd[7602]: synchronized to"

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu May 26 19:56:43 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 10:36 AM, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Right now you have two servers, If one goes bad and its time is invalid,
> there is no way for client to tell which is bad and different systems
> may choose different servers to believe, one of which is bad. This WILL
> cause your system to "start wandering off".

I reconfigured the clients to use all 6 internal NTP servers. Let's see
how that goes.

I wish there was a way to "bind" several clients together. You know,
tell them to make "group decisions" when following / unfollowing any
servers - "y'all either follow the same server(s), or peer with each
other when all servers are offline, but do it _all_together_". This
would be very useful for a cluster.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/