[ntp:questions] NTP on embedded Linux with GPRS connection

mass85 at tlen.pl mass85 at tlen.pl
Fri Nov 25 10:17:19 UTC 2011

> HOwever as I mentioned, both hwclock and rtc determine
> the drift whent he system is on, and the drift when it is off could be
> different (usually temperature).

That's what I meant in previous post. Ntp can give me the reference to
estimate the drift of RTC, but this estimate can be calculated during
system up period. During system down drift can be totally different
(i.e. because the weather changed). So by applying some corrections we
can make more harm than good.

What link did I delete?

DS3231 eats 1000x more power than my current RTC.

Marcin