[ntp:questions] ntp broadcast not working with IPv6

rakesh v rakeshvanam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:50:01 UTC 2011

Hi,
Iam facing issues with ntp broadcast <ip address> in case of IPv6.
Iam using the latest ntp 4.26p3 package.
Can I have a use case scenario for ntp broadcast in IPv6?
As I see in the documentation, we can have only multicast addresses in IPv6.

Here are my configurations:
Client side:

*# Created by IMI. /etc/ntp.conf*
*authenticate yes*
*
*
*# Broadcastclient mode. *
*disable auth *
*#broadcastclient*
*
*
*multicastclient ff02::101*
*
*
*# Drift file*
*driftfile /etc/ntp/drift*
*
*
*# Keys file. *
*keys /etc/ntp/keys*
*#trustedkey 100*

Server Side:

*# Created by IMI. /etc/ntp.conf*
*server 127.127.1.0  #Local clock*
*fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 2 #Not disciplined*
*
*
*broadcast ff02::101 iburst*
*#authenticate yes*
*
*
*# Drift file*
*driftfile /etc/ntp/drift*
*
*
*# Keys file. *
*keys /etc/ntp/keys*
*#trustedkey 100*

Iam able to see the broadcast packets being received in the client but time
synchronization does not happen in the client.
I have even enabled the authentication on both the sides also. But no use.
Can somebody help me out from this?

--
Thanks & Regs,
Rakesh V