[ntp:questions] garmin 18x and linux

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:55:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Bill Unruh <unruh at physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Chris Albertson wrote:

>> Simply read the manufacture's specifications.    The most notable
>
> I do not believe manufacturer's specs, especially not when they seem to
> badly
> overstate the performance.

Read these papers.  THey are old and were done with the older version
of Oncore with are not as good as current version.  But in all cases
the units performed quite a bit better than specs.  If anything
Motorola was being conservative.  You'd expect this as the units are
marketed to sophistication users who would have in-house time
meteorology labs.
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/1997/Vol%2029_31.pdf
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/1996/Vol%2028_37.pdf
http://www.febo.com/time-freq/gps/performance/index.html