[ntp:questions] Missing peer bug in 4.2.7p270

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Fri Apr 6 23:09:17 UTC 2012

There's an intermittent bug in 4.2.7p270 that seems to drop the last
Internet peer during startup.  Note this bug exists in the unmodified
source code so it's nothing to do with any of the tinkering I've done.

I have two refclocks and five Internet hosts configured for a total of
seven peers.  Once in a while, it fails to configure the last Internet
peer and the ntpq billboard shows a missing entry as does the log file
where there is one fewer mobilize message.  Restarting sometimes helps.
  One out of every three or four restarts has a problem.