[ntp:questions] Can someone please explain how "dànké." morphs to "xn--dnk-9ka1c." when you plug it into IE or Firefox?

Fri Aug 31 20:56:09 UTC 2012

M3 wrote:> Of particular interest was how in IE browser the search
>  term "dànké." placed into the address bar morphs to URL
>  "http://xn--dnk-9ka1c./" only momentarily but then
>  generates a google search for the term "dànké." via the
>  below URL.

I don't see how this is ntp related?

It doesn't do it for me on firefox 15 win XP.
 Then again I may have firefox on this particular PC
  configured differently than yours.

Dou you ahve browser and / or search engine options for
 Autocomplete enabled?  e.g.
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Provide query predictions in the search box

  will be added to the BlackLists.