[ntp:questions] timing issue with a HP 58534A

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Mon Feb 6 13:14:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 13:06, Mark C. Stephens <marks at non-stop.com.au> wrote:
> Yes, GPZDA is doing the trick.

Glad to hear it.

>> Which NMEA sentence is the Windows ntpd showing in ntpq clockvar (cv) output?
> GPGGA I kid you not, it's in clockstats...

Assuming the quality indicator in clockstats is 0, that sounds like a
bug in ntp-dev's refclock_nmea.c, which was substantially rewritten
compared to the 4.2.6p5 code.  I just reviewed it and by my reading it
should be rejecting 0 and accepting anything else.  Please file a bug
report if that's not what you see with 4.2.7.

Cheers,
Dave Hart