[ntp:questions] lots of GPS modules and info at SparkFun

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Wed Feb 8 22:23:35 UTC 2012

Hello all,

While researching potential GPS modules to experiment with for PPS
output, I discovered that SparkFun has quite a lot of modules, some of
which have PPS and some of which don't.  You can't necessarily tell from
the product page.  You have to check the data sheet.  You can go to
their website and search for gps.  This link should also work.  Just
thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=gps&what=products

Here is one unit which does have PPS but it's not obvious from the
product page.  There are others as well.

12 Channel Copernicus II GPS Receiver - from Trimble -
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10922

Here are the parts of a pretty cool article referenced on the SparkFun
site regarding interfacing to these type of modules.  About 70 pages of
info not counting the data logger article.

http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS.shtml
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS1.pdf
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS2.pdf
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/GPS3.pdf