[ntp:questions] Come back PPS I miss you!

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Sun Feb 12 15:52:08 UTC 2012

Hi Mark,

I wasn't following this thread too closely, but I thought I'd reply
about the email.

I like using Eudora Open Source Edition.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Eudora_Releases

It has essentially the same UI as the old Eudora for Windows from years
ago. It's also multiplatform, and runs on Windows, Mac, Linux. It does
quoting; as you can see I quoted you below. Just highlight the text you
want to quote and hit reply. If you just hit reply, it quotes the whole
original message. You can change settings on how this gets done. You can
also have multiple identities and signatures. For example, the address
I'm writing from is customized so the list server will accept my email
and the signature is customized to the list.

There are a few caveats:

* It's based on the Thunderbird code base. So, don't install it on top
of a system with Thunderbird as the settings conflict.
* I thought it would do threading, but, I don't use it and I can't find
it today in the menus.
* It's been at version 1.0 for over a year, so I don't know how much
love the project is getting now. However, the old Eudora was very stable
and this seems pretty solid as well. It does what I need.
* Documentation is a little weak. I think I have a PDF of the old Eudora
5? user manual somewhere, maybe. Keep in mind though that this program
and that are not identical and some features of the old Eudora didn't
make it into the Open Source edition.

Sincerely,

Ron