[ntp:questions] no PPS on WinNT ntpd, okay on freebsd.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Feb 12 19:53:45 UTC 2012

> Hi All,
>
> No PPS on Winnt but works okay on freebsd with exactly the same config:
[]
> I have run SerialPortLEDs and there is a healthy 1PPS flash on DCD.
>
> And also, Palisade driver is not working in NT version..
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Mark, not sure I can help a lot.

Are you sure that the Palisade driver is compiled in the Windows port?  I
know that not every possible driver is, and I've only tested the generic
NMEA driver here (which works correctly with the Garmin GPS 18/x LVC and
Sure Electronics GPS devices, using 32-bit and 64-bir serialpps.sys).

I would hope to see an error message if an uncompiled driver was selected,
though - perhaps that's what you see.  I don't know enough about the
Palisade to know why plain NMEA isn't enough.

Cheers,
David