[ntp:questions] Come back PPS I miss you!

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Mon Feb 13 10:54:04 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 07:08, Mark C. Stephens <marks at non-stop.com.au> wrote:
> Ah I just tried palisade driver and I am getting
> Palisade(1) HW_poll: ioctl(fd, SET, RTS_on): Inappropriate I/O control operation

As with refclock_jupiter.c, refclock_palisade.c is compiled on Windows
ntpd 4.2.7p253 but to my knowledge no one has successfully used it on
Windows so far.  It is nice to have a specific error message to start
with, and this one tells me the driver would need to be tweaked to be
compatible with Windows ntpd serial I/O support, which does not (so
far) allow ioctl() to control RTS.  I suspect the best path forward
would be to change refclock_palisade.c to use the termios approach to
controlling RTS to get past this issue, as there is termios emulation
in Windows ntpd serial I/O already.

Cheers,
Dave Hart