[ntp:questions] ntp version 4.2.7p257-o

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Feb 21 12:23:34 UTC 2012

> All the ones on Amazon won't ship to Australia, sheesh..
>
> If I buy a USB one on yardbay and cut the cable, are the wires TTL? Is
> the PPS wire there?
>

> Many thanks,
> Mark

If you are talking about the Garmin, it /must/ be the GPS 18x LVC.  The
USB version doesn't have PPS.

Re: your GPS not working on Windows, try an adapter that just passes the
send (from the GPS) and DCD (with PPS) connections.  I've seen devices get
hung up with the array of RS-232 control signal possibilities.

If folks won't ship to Australia, and you can do soldering as you say, and
cost matters, the Sure board is the obvious choice.

Cheers,
David