[ntp:questions] Running ntpd with PPS precision signal only

alex n alexvm22 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 18:15:52 UTC 2012

2012/2/29 Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com>

> Is the TXCO also used to clock the ARM?

No, TXCO is used for FPGA clocking only but it doesn't matter because PPS
is emulating by FPGA from original GPS PPS.

> I think the best thing is to let ntpd choose the clock. simply
> configure it to use the nmea and pps and when/if one of them goes away
>  It is actually pretty good at doing the right thing

Now I'm using NMEA driver with PPS support

#NMEA + PPS
server 127.127.20.0 mode 16 prefer minpoll 4
fudge 127.127.20.0 flag1 1 flag3 1 refid NV24

but if I reset or disconnect GPS receiver reach value is decreasing to 0
and ntpd stopped...