[ntp:questions] Very large jitter and offsets on GPS ref clock after upgrade to "p5"

Fri Jan 6 21:54:43 UTC 2012

On 1/6/2012 12:28 PM, unruh wrote:
> Eg, your encore pluse is a TTL level pulse (0-3 volt transition)

I thought he indicated he had a Oncore UT+ ?

 The M12M Oncore specs TTL interface (0 to 3 V)
 The UT Plus Oncore TTL specs TTL interface (0 to 5 V)
 The GT Plus Oncore specs TTL interface (0 to 5 V)

> standard for serial ports is basically -5 to +5 volt transition

The RS-232 standard (currently TIA/EIA-232-F)
 {normalized with ITU-T V.24, V.28, and ISO/IEC 2110}

Electrical Specification:
"A logic 0 is represented by a driven voltage between 5 V and 15 V
 and a logic 1 of between –5 V and –15 V."
"At the receiving end, a voltage between 3 V and 15 V represents a 0
  and a voltage of between –3 V and –15 V represents a 1.
  Voltages between ±3 V are undefined and lie in the transition region."

Looks like a M12M would be unreliable without an additional RS-232 driver,
 even more so over a long cable.

  will be added to the BlackLists.