[ntp:questions] Very large jitter and offsets on GPS ref clock after upgrade to "p5"

Tue Jan 10 21:48:20 UTC 2012

unruh wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>> "David Woolley" wrote:
>> pulse over the length of line he talks about should be no
>>  problem at all (but a microsecond-wide pulse might).
>>  The timing PPS I've seen are in the tens of milliseconds wide.
>>  If there is overshoot, perhaps a capacitor to ...
>
> Did you mean 10s of ns? The Sure width is about 5-10ns.
>  at the card without any line attached.
> The line could certainly broaden that up to about 1us, but ms?
> Even the Garmin 18 is less than a usec.

Really?  I must missed something.

20ms to 980ms for the Garmin 18 & 18x LVC PPS?

<http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/GPS_18x_Tech_Specs.pdf>
<http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/425_TechnicalSpecification.pdf>

Perhaps you are talking about how close the rising or falling edge
 is to the actual GPS second?   The Garmin 18 LVC says 1us for that.

  will be added to the BlackLists.