[ntp:questions] Facing some issue in the ntp version Ver. 4.2.6p1

Tue Jul 17 18:20:38 UTC 2012

bhargav p wrote:
> Could any one help me regarding the below issue which I
>  am facing with the ntp-4.2.6p1 version.
> # date
> Tue Jul 17 14:00:30 EEST 2012
> Changing the date to:
> # date -s 14:05:40
> Tue Jul 17 14:05:40 EEST 2012
> And after that I am trying to synch with -q option so that
>  I can synch and exit
> # /usr/sbin/ntpd -u ntp:ntp -g -n -q -c /etc/ntp_master.conf
> ntpd: time slew +0.000000s
> The above behaviour is with the ntp version ntp-4.2.6p1 .
> And also I checked with Ver. 4.2.4p0..there it is behaving
>  properly. Please find the output:
> # /root/ntpd -u ntp:ntp -g -n -q -c /etc/ntp_master.conf
> ntpd: received offset is  -298.822448s
> ntpd: time set -298.822448s
> And it is properly synchronized and exited.
>  This is in version 4.2.4p0 where orking fine.
> Could you please anyone can help me regarding the issue
>  facing in 4.2.6p1.
> # /usr/sbin/ntpd -u ntp:ntp -g -n -q -c /etc/ntp_master.conf
> ntpd: time slew +0.000000s
> Is there any known issues regarding this.Please help me in
>  solving this issue.

Whats in your .conf?

Perhaps a diff between .conf useage between the versions,
 some commands were depreciated, some changed;

FYI latest NTP:
<http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Main/SoftwareDownloads>

  will be added to the BlackLists.