[ntp:questions] NTP License Check (Was: Re: NTP vs RADclock?)

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Thu Jun 7 07:39:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org> wrote:
> On 2012-06-07, Dave Hart <hart at ntp.org> wrote:
>> I am aware of no part of the ntpd tarballs that is solely licensed
>> under GPL.  libopts is dual-licensed BSD or GPL at user's choice.  The
>> rest of the package is BSD-style, as seen on the pages above.  If you
>> are aware of any GPL-only code we're distributing, please speak up so
>> that we can correct the mistake.
>
> List of files containing a GPL License:

Thanks, Steve.  The tool misses a number of exceptions in libopts and
Bison output (implying they're GPL-only), but it also found libopts
files licensed under GPL with no obvious exception, though I hope they
are oversights that can be corrected easily.

Thanks for filing the bug report.  More details for those interested in:

http://bugs.ntp.org/2214

Cheers,
Dave Hart