[ntp:questions] Have Pi, have GPS = low powered NTP server?

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Thu Jun 7 23:35:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Brian Utterback
<brian.utterback at oracle.com> wrote:
> (Some day it would be nice if "mrv &0 &9" worked the way you expected, but
> would you believe "rv 0" and "rv anything-else" call entirely different
> functions? )

"rv 0" means system variables.

"rv &0" is not defined -- ampersand shorthand for association IDs start with &1.

FYI, older versions of ntpq require lpeers, lassoc, or similar before
& references work.  Newer ones (including 4.2.6 I believe) always
support & references and will silently first issue lassoc to learn the
association IDs if needed.

Cheers,
Dave Hart