[ntp:questions] how do you like the Trimble Resolution T

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Mar 1 07:31:56 UTC 2012

> Teh standard is the Gamin GPS 18x (make sure to get a newer unit or you
> will have to upload a patch to it to fix the problem that it sometimes
> sends teh nmea sentences too late). The Sure I am getting worried
> about-- I thin kthe antenna they send with it is defective sometimes.

Bill,

Yours is the only Sure I have heard about with (perhaps) an antenna
problem.  Whilst bearing in mind that this is a consumer-level antenna,
have you asked for a replacement if your unit is less than a year old?

As you say, for some considerable time Garmin was sending out GPS 18x LVC
units with faulty firmware.  Version 3.70 is OK, though.

Whilst the Oncore UT+ which Chris mentions may have better ultimate
performance, I don't think you will see the difference in an NTP
application on the great majority of PCs.  It doesn't come with an
antenna, tracks only 8 channels (at least that's one I found on eBay), and
also requires a connection lead to be assembled.  Looks nice, though!

Cheers,
David