[ntp:questions] Running ntpd with PPS precision signal only

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Mar 1 19:18:06 UTC 2012

On Feb 29, 2012, at 10:15 AM, alex n wrote:
> but if I reset or disconnect GPS receiver reach value is decreasing to 0
> and ntpd stopped...

The reachability _should_ drop to 0 if the timesource is unavailable.

I would not expect ntpd to stop.  Instead, it ought to continue running,
using the clock offset it has determined (if available) to continue to
adjust the clock speed to maintain close to proper time,
until a time source becomes available again.

If that isn't the case, please provide more details.

Regards,
--
-Chuck