[ntp:questions] Peer Review of ntpq -c rv

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 20:00:32 UTC 2012

>  Does this mean there is something I need to tweek to get
> my offsets lower? Could the delays from the remote NTP
> servers be my issue?

There is almost certainly some delay from the time the signal hits the
antenna to the time the pulse hits pin-1 on the computer's serial
port.   If you can measure it you can correct it out in the .conf
file.   You'd like for the long term average offset from Internet pool
servers to be zero.

People working at higher levels of accuracy will measure their cables
and account for cable delays but that is over kill for NTP.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California