[ntp:questions] Offset Average (Normal)?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Mar 13 20:33:12 UTC 2012

"Alby VA" <albyva at empire.org> wrote in message
news:b976300b-ff38-42e9-bf35-f24affa6c0c6 at 9g2000pbn.googlegroups.com...
[]
> I have the perl script of your tool for MRTG, but I assume you are
> asking
> about getting more detail from offset=0.000 when it runs (ntpq -c rv)?
> Maybe a few more decimal places? That recoding is beyond my
> expertise. I'm just a LAN/WAN guru. Programming/Coding was never
> my strong suit.

Commenting that integer microseconds are not really enough precision for
what you are now trying to plot, and hoping that someone more
knowledgeable than me will tell us what command to use to get a more
precise offset!  In the loopstats file, the offset is recorded to 9
decimal places (nanoseconds).

Cheers,
David