[ntp:questions] ARRGH!!! I woke up to a 50 SECOND clock error.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Mar 17 12:35:36 UTC 2012

"Terje Mathisen" <"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"> wrote in message
news:is9e39-6ve2.ln1 at ntp6.tmsw.no...
[]
> You should never accept much more than 10:1 speed difference between
> down and up.
>
> Terje

"Should" - I agree.  But in the UK from Virgin Media I have 30 Mb/s down,
1 Mb/s up.  I have been promised an upload speed increase about 18 months
ago to 2 Mb/s up, which is more sensible, but that increase hasn't yet
been delivered.  I am also promised an increase within the next year which
doubles my existing speeds, giving 60 Mb/s down and 4 Mb/s up.  Not ideal,
but I prefer cable to ADSL.

No wonder I have four GPS devices connected to 5 PCs!  <G>

Cheers,
David