[ntp:questions] Multiple 'prefer' servers

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Wed Mar 21 15:10:16 UTC 2012

I had this same question before and once found the answer.  I tried to
find it again before writing this reply but couldn't  I THINK I found
that, if there are multiple prefers, and if all are eligible clocks,
that the top one in the config file takes priority.  Someone else might
be able to confirm that.

You could try a google search with: prefer multiple site:ntp.org

You could also read this page, but I don't think the answer is in
there.  I could be wrong.  Note also that this page is for an old
version of NTP.

http://doc.ntp.org/4.1.1/prefer.htm

Sincerely,

Ron