[ntp:questions] fr.pool.ntp.org not serving NTP anymore

John Hasler jhasler at newsguy.com
Mon May 14 22:45:36 UTC 2012

Jean-Christophe writes:
> I have a bunch of communicating objects spread around the country that
> are using fr.pool.ntp.org hardcoded to get their date / time. It
> worked perfectly until May the 8th, but now, this domain name won't
> exchange NTP anymore.

Works fine from here (Wisconsin USA). It's currently pointing at
sd-28922.dedibox.fr.  Perhaps someone noticed what you were doing and
blacklisted you.  How are these "objects" configured?

> I know using a single hardcoded address is not really clever, but is
> there a chance "fr.pool.ntp.org" get back serving NTP again?

Why don't you contact them and see how much they want for providing you
with NTP service?

I hope you don't mean that you hardcoded the IP number.
--
John Hasler
jhasler at newsguy.com
Dancing Horse Hill