[ntp:questions] Updating NTP on FreeBSD 8.x

Garrett Wollman wollman at bimajority.org
Sun Nov 18 07:49:29 UTC 2012

In article <k89uho$n7$1 at dont-email.me>,
David Taylor  <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Thanks, Tom, I guess I just have to wait if I use the portmaster route.
>  At least on Windows and Linux I now know how to compile the latest
>tarball archive.

And on FreeBSD you'd do it the exact same way as you do on GNU/Linux,
and with the same disadvantages (viz., inability to use the standard
package management tools to update or remove it).

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman    | What intellectual phenomenon can be older, or more oft
wollman at bimajority.org| repeated, than the story of a large research program